Monday, November 17, 2008

Say NO to the dress.....






Okay, so we went dress shopping this past Saturday in St. Paul. It was my first real dress shopping experience. I had tired on a couple right when I got engaged, but I decided Saturday was the day we would purchase the dress...If anyone knows me, they know I CANNOT make a decision if my life depended on it (hence being engaged for 9 months before setting a date) I second guess every decision..it is quite annoying, makes most things take forever to complete. So Nome, mom, and two of my bridesmaids headed to the Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul, which is apparently like the kingdom of all wedding dress places... It was Satruday morning, so it was pretty crazy.. Now let me tell you, there are some UGLY dresses out there people, just plain ugly. There were a few other brides trying on dresses the same time I was and I wanted to scream at them how completly horrific they looked, as their mothers ohhhed and ahhed.. It was pretty tragic, I saw white trash bride, and plain jane bride, and oh my gosh who is marrying you bride....and then there was me...it was my goal to look like a little Mexican doll...and it was the third dress I tried on, it was everything I said I didn't want, and it was perfect! I have never seen anything so beautiful...mom cried, I cried and refused to take it off, sat and stared at myself in the mirror... I told mom and Nome I am more sure about the dress than I am about the groom (totally kidding) I have included some NOT the dress pictures for your enjoyment, got a good laugh out of some of them.. You will have to wait until Mexico to see the real thing!

1 comment:

James, Keisha, Nevaeh, Bodin, Jaxtin said...

Thanks for the update. Sometimes you do wonder what bride would wear some of those dresses. Naomi-remember the fun we had with all of the bridemaid dresses we tried on!?!? Did you guys look at them this past weekend too?